Chicken Confit and Asparagus with Pasta Rags
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces asparagus, blanched, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups shredded chicken confit
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 pound pasta rags, cut into 2-inch pieces, cooked al dente
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus 1/4 cup for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives, plus 2 tablespoons for garnish
- Bottle white truffle oil, to drizzle
In a saute pan, heat the olive oil. When the pan is smoking hot, saute the asparagus, for about 5 minutes. Add the shallots and garlic, and saute for 3 minutes. Add the chicken and continue to saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Turn the pasta into a mixing bowl. Toss the pasta with the extra-virgin olive oil and cheese. Fold in the chicken and asparagus. Add the chives and season with salt and pepper. Place the pasta in an over-sized shallow pasta platter. Garnish with 1/4 cup cheese, 2 tablespoons chives and a drizzle of truffle oil.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.