- Basil Aioli
- 2 heads roasted garlic
- 8 egg yolks*
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed basil
- 2 cups olive oil
- 2 whole chicken breasts, boneless, skin removed
- 1/2 cup black olives, chopped
- 13 3/4-ounce can of artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 thin slices baked ham
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar, grated
- 2 thin slices of Lorraine swiss cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place 2 pieces of the ham on top of the chicken in an overlapping manner. Then add the artichoke mixture. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top. Layer with a slice of the Swiss cheese. Place 2 more ham slices on top. Place remaining slice of Swiss on top of ham. Roll the chicken log and tie with the string. Chill.
Toss in seasoned flour and saute on all sides until golden brown. Place in oven and bake 25 minutes. Remove and chill.
Cut off string and slice thin. Serve with Basil aioli.
*RAW EGG WARNING
Food Network Kitchens suggest caution in consuming raw and lightly-cooked eggs due to the slight risk of Salmonella or other food-borne illness. To reduce this risk, we recommend you use only fresh, properly-refrigerated, clean, grade A or AA eggs with intact shells, and avoid contact between the yolks or whites and the shell.