- 3 ounces bread crumbs
- 1-ounce grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons salad oil
- 2 large whole boneless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3 ounces clarified butter
- 6 ounces (1-inch diameter) mushrooms, sliced in 1/2
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Freshly ground salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1 pound trimmed leaf spinach, washed very well
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan; set aside. In small bowl, combine eggs and oil; beat well and set aside.
Cut diagonal slices through skin side of chicken breasts and pound lightly until meat is thin, careful not to tear skin. Flour chicken thoroughly and coat with egg/oil mixture, then with bread crumbs and cheese. Pat firmly and set aside on waxed paper.
In another saucepan, melt fresh, salted butter and add washed (but not dried) spinach, 1 layer at a time, seasoning each layer with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook on medium heat for about 6 minutes, then drain immediately and keep warm.
Meanwhile, heat remaining clarified butter in large pan and fry chicken breasts on medium heat, about 4 minutes each side, add mushroom sauce and shake to heat through.
To serve, place pile of spinach on plate, cover with chicken and sauce.