Chicken in Lemon Coriander Broth
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into fine strips, about 1/4 inch wide and 1 & 1/2 inches long
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces new red potatoes, scrubbed clean and cut into 1-inch dice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, left whole
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
Simmer the garlic in the broth and water for 4 to 5 minutes. Add the potatoes, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender. Add the chicken, lemon zest and simmer gently, without boiling, for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Remove the broth from the heat and add the cilantro and lemon juice.
Sprinkle each portion with Parmesan and serve immediately.