Chicken in Lemon Coriander Broth
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into fine strips, about 1/4 inch wide and 1 & 1/2 inches long
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces new red potatoes, scrubbed clean and cut into 1-inch dice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, left whole
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
Simmer the garlic in the broth and water for 4 to 5 minutes. Add the potatoes, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender. Add the chicken, lemon zest and simmer gently, without boiling, for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Remove the broth from the heat and add the cilantro and lemon juice.
Sprinkle each portion with Parmesan and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse