Chicken Noodle Soup
- 6 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 cups canned chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 cups fine egg noodles
- Salt and pepper
- Especially good for adults:
- 1/2 cup or so of coconut/peanut sauce, (recipe above)
In a large saucepan combine the carrots, broth, water and garlic. Cover and bring liquid to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer about 5 minutes or until carrots are tender.
Add chicken and egg noodles to broth, cover and cook until the noodles are tender. Fish out garlic clove and divide soup into two batches; serve one plain to the kids. Heat the other half and whisk in 1/2 cup or so (more or less, according to taste) of the coconut peanut sauce. Season to taste and the whole family is happy.
Recipe Courtesy of Michelle Urvater