Chicken Noodle Soup
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large chopped onion
- 3 chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 3 medium carrots, but diagonally into 1/2 -inch-thick slices
- 3 center cut celery, halved lengthwise, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 quarts fresh chicken stock
- 6 ounces cooked penne pasta
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
Place the pot over medium and add extra virgin olive oil. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, thyme and bay leaf. Cook and stir for about 6 minutes, until the vegetables are softened but not browned. Pour in the fresh chicken stock and bring the liquid to a boil. Add the pasta and simmer for 1 minute until tender. Fold the chicken, and continue to simmer for another couple of minutes to heat through; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.