Chicken Paella Burgers with Spicy Pimento Mayo
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 pound Mexican style chorizo sausage, removed from casing
- 1/2 pound sea scallops, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 20 mini rolls
- 10 butter lettuce leaves, torn in 1/2
- 4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Spicy Pimento Mayo:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (4-ounce) jar pimentos, finely chopped, juice reserved
DirectionsFor the burger:
Combine all the burger ingredients, except the rolls, lettuce and tomatoes in a large bowl and mix well. Form into small patties about 2 inches in diameter and arrange on a platter lined with waxed paper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to grill.
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Oil the grill grates and put the burgers on the grill to cook for 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a serving platter and serve on mini rolls with lettuce, tomato and spicy pimento mayo.
For the mayo:
Combine all the ingredients and the reserved pimento juice into a small bowl. Mix well until blended and serve with the burgers
Thank you! your flag was submitted.