Chicken, Pepper and Tomatoes
- 4 large skinless boneless chicken breast halves, tenders removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly julienned
- 1 carrot peeled and thinly julienned
- 1 stalk celery, thinly julienned
- 1 clove garlic thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup Italian canned plum tomatoes, cut into strips
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the olive oil, in a large skillet, over medium high heat. Add the chicken and saute for 2 minutes a side to add some color. Remove the chicken to a plate.
Add the bell pepper, carrot, celery and garlic to the skillet and saute, stirring continuously, for about 2 minutes or until the vegetables begin to get tender. Add the white wine and evaporate. Add the tomatoes, return the chicken on top. Cover and cook over low heat for 5 to 8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Remove the chicken and set over the warm rice salad. Adjust seasoning of the pan sauce and spoon over the top.
Chili-Rubbed Free Range Chicken with Guacamole and Pico De Gallo, Smothered Black Beans and Tortilla Threads
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse