Chicken, Pepper and Tomatoes
- 4 large skinless boneless chicken breast halves, tenders removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly julienned
- 1 carrot peeled and thinly julienned
- 1 stalk celery, thinly julienned
- 1 clove garlic thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup Italian canned plum tomatoes, cut into strips
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the olive oil, in a large skillet, over medium high heat. Add the chicken and saute for 2 minutes a side to add some color. Remove the chicken to a plate.
Add the bell pepper, carrot, celery and garlic to the skillet and saute, stirring continuously, for about 2 minutes or until the vegetables begin to get tender. Add the white wine and evaporate. Add the tomatoes, return the chicken on top. Cover and cook over low heat for 5 to 8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Remove the chicken and set over the warm rice salad. Adjust seasoning of the pan sauce and spoon over the top.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Chicken Sauteed in the Treviso Style: Polastro in "Tecia", Orange Chicken Scaloppine and Sunburst Squash Escabeche with Roasted Pepper Puree, Pecan Crusted Chicken over Field Greens with Caramel Citrus Vinaigrette, Orange Chicken Recipes, Sweet And Sour Chicken Recipes, Chicken Piccata Recipes, Baked Chicken Recipes, Chicken and Rice Recipes, Chicken Wing Recipes