- 2 (8-ounce) chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter, or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley leaves, chopped
Slice the chicken breast diagonally into 3 medallions each. Pound them between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Season with salt and pepper.
Dredge the flattened chicken medallions in flour. Saute the chicken scaloppine on high heat in clarified butter or olive oil, 2 minutes on each side, remove and keep warm. Discard oil or butter. Place pan on medium heat, add white wine and reduce. Add chicken broth, lemon juice, capers and sun-dried tomatoes. Reduce by 1/2 and thicken sauce with the cold butter. Adjust seasoning, plate the chicken scaloppine, garnish with the sauce and chopped parsley.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.