Chicken, Tomato, and Pasta Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup Basil Oil, recipe follows
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cooked chicken, picked off of the bone, skin and all, shredded
- 4 cups blanched fusilli pasta
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, medium dice
- 1/2 bunch Thai basil, picked, reserve a few tops, for garnish
- Basil Oil:
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups Thai basil leaves
- Salt and black pepper
In a blender, add the Dijon and vinegars and blend. Drizzle in the oils to emulsify. In a large salad bowl, toss the chicken, pasta, tomatoes and basil. Season with salt and black pepper. Check for flavor.
In a large pasta bowl, plate the entire salad and garnish with basil tops.
York Creek, Pinot Blanc, Spring Mountain District, Napa Valley, 1996
Bedford Thompson, Cabernet Franc, Santa Barbara County, 1994Basil Oil:
In a blender, puree garlic, ginger, lime juice, salt, and sugar and oil until smooth. Do not overmix thereby heating the mixture. Add the basil and puree smooth. Check for seasoning.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Jerk Chicken and Tomato Salad, Kicked Up BLT Chicken Salads with Blue Cheese, "Ono-lishious": Grilled Sesame Chicken Satay Papaya Salad with Hoisin Balsamic Vinaigrette, Chicken, Easy Lunch, Easy Main Dish, Chicken Chili Recipes, Chicken Alfredo Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes