Chicken Tortellini Bake with Banana Cake Bon Bons
Sponsor recipe courtesy of Publix®
- Chicken Tortellini Bake:
- 1 (9-oz) package three-cheese tortellini
- 1 (24-oz) jar vodka pasta sauce
- ½ cup sweet pepper bruschetta topping (or roasted red peppers)
- 2 large eggs, beaten (or ½ cup egg substitute)
- 1 (6-oz) package refrigerated Italian cheese bread crumb mix
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- Banana Cake Bon Bons:
- ½ of a (20-oz) pound cake, thawed
- Nonstick aluminum foil
- 1 large banana
- 2 (3.25-oz) cups vanilla pudding
- 2 (7-oz) containers dipping chocolate
- Decorating sprinkles (optional)
DirectionsChicken Tortellini Bake:
2. Place eggs in shallow bowl; place bread crumb mix in second bowl. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Dip chicken into egg (allowing excess to drip off). Finally, coat chicken with bread crumb mixture; press with fingertips to coat evenly. Arrange chicken on top of pasta (wash hands). Bake 30-35 minutes or until chicken is 165°F.
3. Top pasta with cheese; bake 2-3 more minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 5 minutes to cool. Chop basil; sprinkle over top and serve.
Banana Cake Bon Bons:
1. Remove cake from packaging and cut in half (reserve remaining half for another use); slice cake thinly. Let stand 10 minutes to thaw.
2. Line baking sheet with foil. (Be sure pan will fit in your freezer.)
4. Roll cake mixture into 1-inch balls (or form with a portion scoop). Place on baking sheet; freeze 10-15 minutes to harden balls.
5. Melt chocolate following package instructions. Dip cake balls into chocolate using two forks; letting excess chocolate drip off. Place balls on baking sheet; immediately top with sprinkles and let chocolate harden. Store in refrigerator or freezer until ready to serve. (Makes 24 bon bons.)
Chicken Tortellini Bake: CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 580kcal; FAT 32g; CHOL 170mg; SODIUM 1270mg; CARB 34g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 37g; VIT A 20%; VIT C 50%; CALC 50%; IRON 15%
Banana Cake Bon Bons: CALORIES (per 1/12 recipe) 300kcal; FAT 17g; CHOL 35mg; SODIUM 125mg; CARB 37g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 4g; VIT A 4%; VIT C 2%; CALC 6%; IRON 2%