Chicken with Bacon, Tomato and Thyme
- 8 pieces bacon, par-cooked half-way (may use precooked)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into halves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
To par-cook bacon, lay slices on a sheet pan and bake in a preheated 400 degree F oven for about 10 minutes until half-cooked. Remove and reserve.
Working on a sheet pan, coat the chicken breast with olive oil and minced garlic. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Next, wrap 2 pieces of par-cooked bacon strips criss-cross around each piece of chicken, forming an "x" pattern in the center. Sprinkle with the diced onion and place a thick slice of Roma tomato and a couple sprigs of fresh thyme in the center of each breast, tucked in behind the bacon.
Arrange chicken a little apart from each other on the sheet pan and bake until the chicken is completely cooked and reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 30 minutes.