Chicken with Tomato and Apple Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 chicken halves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup apple balsamic vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups tomato concasse (skinned, seeded, and diced tomatoes)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 bouquet garni (celery, bay leaf, parsley, and leek tied in a bundle)
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a large saute pan until very hot. Add oil and when almost smoking, add the chicken and saute until golden brown on all sides. Add the onion and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
Transfer meat to a plate and keep warm. Deglaze pan with the wine and vinegar. Reduce by half. Add the tomato, butter, and bouquet garni. Bring to a boil and add the chicken. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Remove chicken, and with an immersion blender, blend sauce.
Place chicken back into the sauce. Rectify seasoning. Bring to a boil and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.