Chile Corn Bread
- 2 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup corn oil (or canola oil)
- 1 (14-ounce) can cream style corn
- 1 (4-ounce can) chopped green chiles
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups sharp Cheddar, grated
- 2 or 3 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes, chopped
Pre-heat oven to 425-degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine first 5 ingredients and mix together. In a separate bowl, beat eggs slightly, and blend into mixture. Blend in buttermilk and oil. When well blended, add the remaining ingredients 1 at a time (the batter will be lumpy).
Grease 2 (9 by 11-inch) pans, or 3 (8 by 10-inch) pans. Pour batter into pans, distribute evenly.
Bake 30 to 45 minutes.
The recipes for this program, which were provided by contributors and guests who may not be professional chefs, have not been tested in the Food Network's kitchens. Therefore, the Food Network cannot attest to the accuracy of any of the recipes.
Recipe courtesy Cid Prevost