- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon peeled, chopped fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 36 prawns (16 to 20 count), peeled and deveined, heads on, if desired
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons very finely minced lemongrass
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup sweet hot chile sauce or mae ploy
- Soy sauce
Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or very large saute pan over very high heat until very hot. Add the ginger, garlic, and shallots, and saute for 1 minute. Add the prawns and cook just until they start to turn pink, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the mirin and lemongrass, and cook, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Add the stock and chile sauce, and cook until the prawns are just cooked through. Season, to taste, with soy sauce. Serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay