- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon peeled, chopped fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 36 prawns (16 to 20 count), peeled and deveined, heads on, if desired
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons very finely minced lemongrass
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup sweet hot chile sauce or mae ploy
- Soy sauce
Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or very large saute pan over very high heat until very hot. Add the ginger, garlic, and shallots, and saute for 1 minute. Add the prawns and cook just until they start to turn pink, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the mirin and lemongrass, and cook, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Add the stock and chile sauce, and cook until the prawns are just cooked through. Season, to taste, with soy sauce. Serve warm.
Recipe courtesy Caprial Pence
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay