Chile Relleno with Vegetable Picadillo and Black Bean Sauce
- Total Time:
- 30 min
- 20 min
- 10 min
- 2 cups canola oil
- 4 Poblano peppers
- 1/4 cup onions, diced
- 1/4 cup yellow, red and green peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup Queso blanco cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
- 2 cups black beans, cooked
- 1/2 cup water
Fry poblano peppers until the skins are blistered. Peel, seed and devein the peppers. In a skillet, cook onions, peppers and corn for 5 minutes. Add cilantro and cool the mixture. When mixture is cool, add cheese and mix thoroughly. Slice peppers lengthways and stuff mixture until full.
To make the sauce: in a medium saucepan coated with oil, cook onions, garlic, chipotle and oregano for 5 minutes. Add the black beans and water and cook for another 5 minutes. Puree sauce until smooth and season with salt and pepper.
To assemble: spread a pool of the sauce on the bottom of a plate and place chili on top.
Recipe Courtesy of Aaron Sanchez