- 4 tablespoons whole butter, unsweetened
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 large onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chile powder, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup roasted cashews
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a medium skillet, over a high heat, melt the butter. Saute the mushrooms 3 to 4 minutes. Add the onion, cook until translucent then add the garlic for a minute or so, then the spices. Cook until the mixture is fairly dry. Cool.
In a food processor fitted with a metal blade or blender, chop the cashews finely and slowly; add the oil to make a paste. Add the mushroom mixture and continue mixing until smooth. Taste and add more chile powder or salt, if necessary. Place in a serving bowl and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve at room temperature.