Chilled Avocado Soup
- 2 cups chilled defatted chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 small peeled garlic clove, passed through a press
- 2 ripe Haas avocados
- 1/3 cup lime or lemon juice
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- Ice water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped chives
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
Add ice water to thin the soup to the texture you like. Chill the soup while you peel and cut remaining avocado into small dice. Fold the diced avocado into the base and adjust the seasoning.
To serve, ladle soup into chilled bowls and garnish with cilantro, chives and a dollop of yogurt in the center or each portion.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.