Chilled Cucumber Apple Soup
- 1/2 cup shallots
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 4 cucumbers, halved, seeded
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, diced
- 5 sprigs mint, roughly chopped
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Over medium heat saute the shallots in the grapeseed oil for about 5 minutes until the shallots are translucent. Allow to cool completely and then combine with the rest of the ingredients in a food processor and puree to smooth consistency. Strain through a fine mesh strainer and season, to taste, with salt and pepper. If the soup is too thick, add more vegetable stock.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of McCall Catering
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray