Chilled Cucumber Apple Soup
- 1/2 cup shallots
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 4 cucumbers, halved, seeded
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, diced
- 5 sprigs mint, roughly chopped
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Over medium heat saute the shallots in the grapeseed oil for about 5 minutes until the shallots are translucent. Allow to cool completely and then combine with the rest of the ingredients in a food processor and puree to smooth consistency. Strain through a fine mesh strainer and season, to taste, with salt and pepper. If the soup is too thick, add more vegetable stock.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy McCall Catering