Chilled Jumbo Tiger Prawns with Spicy Fig Chutney
- 6 fresh figs, diced
- 1/2 mango, diced
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely diced red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 medium golden tomatoes, cut and seeded to form cups
- 12 large tiger prawns, cooked, peeled, and chilled
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 8 whole chives
Fill tomatoes with fig chutney. Place tomato in the center of each plate. Arrange shrimp on tomato, with tails down. Garnish with cilantro and chives.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Executive Chef Andri Tscharner, Fairmont Miramar, Santa Monica, CA