Chilled Pear and Pineapple Soup
- 1 large pineapple, ripe, leaves reserved, peeled, cored, and cut into chunks
- 3 pears, peeled, halved, and cored
- 2 cups cooled camomile tea
- 1/2 cup fragrant dessert wine (recommended: Muscat de Beaumes de Venise or Sauternes)
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
In a food processor, combine the pineapple and pear chunks. Puree until smooth and strain through a fine sieve into a bowl. Add the tea and wine and mix. Add honey and lemon juice a little bit at a time to taste. Chill until very cold. Serve in bowls or martini glasses, garnishing each bowl with 2 pineapple leaves, sticking up like rabbit ears.
Courtesy Gale Gand, ?Butter Sugar Flour Eggs? by Gale Gand, Rick Tramonto, Julia Moskin, Clarkson N. Potter Publishers, 1999