- 2 cups packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves (about 2 bunches)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups thinly sliced sweet onion (about 2 onions)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chuck-eye steaks (3⁄4 to 1-inch thick)
- 4 (7 to 8-inch) hoagie rolls, split
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced provolone cheese
- Heavy-duty aluminum foil
Preheat outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
Pulse parsley and garlic in a blender or food processor just until finely chopped. (Do not puree.) Remove to a medium bowl, and stir in lemon juice, olive oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 3/4 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
Cook onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt in vegetable oil over medium-high heat, stirring often, 15 minutes or until onions are golden brown and tender.
Sprinkle steaks evenly with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
Grill, covered with grill lid, about 7 to 10 minutes per side or to desired degree of doneness.
Grill cut sides of rolls during the last few minutes of cooking steaks. Remove steaks and rolls.
Cut steaks into thin slices against the grain. Spread parsley mixture evenly on cut sides of bread; place steak slices and onion evenly on bottom bread halves, and top each evenly with cheese and remaining bread halves. Wrap each sandwich in foil. Grill, covered with grill lid, 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese melts.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.