Chinese Chicken Salad
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons Oriental sesame oil
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled and blanched
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sesame paste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili paste with soy bean, optional
- 2 cups poached chicken breast, torn into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen petite green peas, thawed
- 2 scallions, green part only thinly sliced
- Chopped cilantro, optional
In a food processor or blender, combine and puree the peanut and sesame oils, garlic, sugar, rice vinegar, soy sauce, peanut butter and sesame paste. Season to taste with salt and pepper. If you wish, stir in chili paste.
Right before serving toss the chicken, macaroni and peas with the sauce and garnish with scallions and cilantro.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.