Chinese Chicken Salad with Pasta
- 3/4 pound fettucine
- 12 ounces cooked chicken or smoked chicken
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Oriental sesame oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Chinese chili paste with garlic
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- Crushed red pepper
- Spinach leaves as a bed for salad
- 2 Kirby cucumbers, peeled, seeded and grated for garnish
- Chopped peanuts and/or cilantro leaves for garnish, optional
Boil the pasta until al dente, about 10 minutes.
While the water is coming to a boil for the pasta and the pasta itself is cooking, cut the chicken into strips about 2 inches long and 1/4-inch wide. In the bottom of a mixing bowl combine the
with salt and crushed red pepper. Add more of any ingredient to make it taste as you wish.
Add the chicken. When the pasta is done, drain and rinse it under cold water to stop the cooking process and pat dry. Add the pasta to the bowl, toss the ingredients together and adjust the seasoning.
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray