Chinese Five Spice Sirloin
- 3 grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 3 tomatoes, skinned and diced
- 2 medium red onions, sliced
- 1/ 2 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 1/ 4 ounces plus 5 ounces ginger
- 2 1/ 2 cups black vinegar or soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (4.5 pound) sirloin
- 5 ounces Thai basil, chopped
- 3 ounces garlic, minced
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and washed
- 1 tablespoon Chinese Five Spice powder
Remove all the fat from the sirloin and split the meat in half length-wise. Make an incision at one end of the "eye" and with steel, such as a skewer, make a tunnel hole through the meat without breaking the outer meat.
Mix remaining ginger with basil and garlic. Using the scallions as plungers, push the basil mixture with the scallions into the center of the sirloin. Coat the outside of the meat with the five-spice powder.
Roast the sirloin to the desired temperature. Slice the meat into thin even pieces and arrange on a plate beside the grapefruit salad.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.