Chipotle Dry-Rubbed Shrimp "On the Bar-B"
- 3/4 pound (12/15 count) shrimp (translation: 12 to 15 shrimp to a pound)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper (a mixed spice seasoning), or dried lemon peel
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile (may be replaced with cayenne pepper, but only after you've been to hell and back searching for chipotle
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Cilantro Dipping Sauce, recipe follows
- Cilantro Dipping Sauce:
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves, stems discarded before measuring
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Heat oil in a well-seasoned iron skillet or nonstick pan over high heat. Wait until oil is smoking hot, then place about 10 shrimp in it so that each has enough room to lie on its side. Cook for approximately 1 1/2 minutes per side, or until shrimp is no longer translucent. Do not overcook.
Serve hot, or at room temperature, with cilantro dipping sauce. For that special surreal touch, serve shrimp piled up on a barbie doll.Cilantro Dipping Sauce:
Blend cilantro and lime juice in a food processor or blender until cilantro is liquefied. Pour into a small bowl and use a fork to blend in sour cream until fully blended into a pale green sauce. Refrigerate until ready for use
Thank you! your flag was submitted.