- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 5 scallions, thinly sliced, white part only
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/2 cup chardonnay or other full bodied dry white wine
- 1/2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 6 chives, snipped
- Salt and ground white pepper to taste.
In a saucepan, heat the olive oil then add the scallions and saute for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and when fragrant, add the vinegar. Let reduce until almost dry. Pour in the wine and let reduce until half remains. Add the evaporated milk and the cornstarch mixture.
Remove from the heat as soon as it boils. Add the chives and adjust the seasoning with salt and white pepper.