- 1 saucepan
- 1 mixing bowl (that will sit on top of saucepan)
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Fondue serving set
- Fondue skewers
- Handy fuel or denatured alcohol
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pound premium semisweet chocolate (recommended: Lindt or Callebaut)
- 1 tablespoon real vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- Strawberries, bananas, pineapple, brownies, marshmallow, cookies, or any other dipping item of your choice
Put approximately 4 inches of water in the saucepan and bring to a slow boil. Place the mixing bowl on top and pour in the heavy cream; let heat. Meanwhile, break up or chop chocolate into small pieces. When the cream feels hot to the touch, add chocolate and whisk until smooth. Whisk in vanilla and brandy.
Pour into the fondue pot and light the handy fuel underneath; keep the flame low as not to burn the fondue. Arrange strawberries, bananas, pineapple, brownies, marshmallow, cookies or any of your favorite items on a platter and enjoy.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Chef Tom Bowes, Dip Cafe