- 8 ounces good dark chocolate, chopped (not below 60 percent cocoa, recommended: Valrhona)
- 8 ounces heavy cream, scalded
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- Orange liqueur (recommended: Grand Marnier)
- Marshmallows, strawberries, pound cake, dried apricot/mango/papaya, for serving
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Completely melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Add the cream to a medium bowl and pour in the chocolate. Whisk the mixture very slowly creating a shiny, elastic emulsion.
Whisk in the butter, then add the liqueur, to taste, until well combined.
Pour the mixture into a fondue pot. Dip your choice of bites into the fondue using fondue forks and enjoy!
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Keegan Gerhard