Chocolate Macadamia Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter-slightly softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3 (3-ounce) bars bittersweet chocolate, cut into 1/4 inch chunks
- 1 cup (6 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 1 cup unsalted macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped*
- *Note-if you can only find salted nuts, place them in a sieve and rinse them in running water. Dry the nuts thoroughly with absorbent paper towels
Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Have ready 2 ungreased baking sheets. In a medium bowl, gently whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, using the paddle attachment beat the butter at medium high speed until creamy, about 1 minute. Gradually add the granulated and light brown sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the vanilla extract and eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. At low speed, add the dry ingredients in 3 additions, mixing just until blended. Add the bittersweet chocolate, peanut butter chips and macadamia nuts and mix just until blended.
Drop the dough by scant 1/4 cup measures onto the baking sheets, spacing them 3 inches apart. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes, until light brown on the edges. Transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.