Chocolate Marshmallow Madness Cupcakes
- 1 packet 25-calorie hot cocoa mix
- 1/2 (18 1/4-ounce) box devil's food cake mix (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon no-calorie granulated sweetener (recommended: Splenda) or granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup jet-puffed marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon light vanilla soymilk
- 1 tablespoon mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus more, for optional garnish
- 12 mini marshmallows, plus more for garnish, optional
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking cups and/or spray with nonstick spray.
For the cupcakes:
In a tall glass, combine cocoa mix with 2 ounces hot water. Stir until cocoa dissolves. Add 6 ounces cold water and stir well.
In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, egg substitute, sweetener, and salt. Add cocoa mixture and whisk until smooth.
Evenly distribute cake mixture among the prepared muffin cups.
Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool.
To make the glaze:
Put the marshmallow creme in a small dish. Add soymilk and mix well.
Refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish the cupcakes with additional chocolate chips and marshmallows, if using.
PER SERVING (1 glazed and topped cupcake): 113 calories, 2g fat, 230mg sodium, 21.5g carbs, 0.75g fiber, 13.5g sugars, 2g protein
2010 Hungry Girl. All Rights Reserved.