- 2 onions, quartered
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 6 large firm, ripe tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Garam Masala
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder, or to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chick peas or garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, or to taste
In a blender or food processor puree the onions, green pepper, tomatoes and gingerroot. In a saucepan set over moderate heat, warm the oil until hot. Add the puree and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Add the Garam Masala and chili powder and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add the salt and chick peas and cook, stirring, until heated through. Stir in the lemon juice and cilantro. Serve the curry over rice or with warmed tortillas.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.