Chopped Grilled Chicken Kelaguen Mannok
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups sugar cane vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless chicken thighs, skin on
- 4 cups sliced green onions
- 1 cup small-diced yellow onion
- 1 1/2 cups fresh grated coconut
- 8 Thai bird's eye chile peppers, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Combine the soy sauce, vinegar, black pepper and sliced onion in a large bowl. Add the chicken and cover the bowl. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or up to overnight to marinate.
Prepare a charcoal grill with natural mesquite charcoal to high heat. Grill the chicken for 10 minutes, then rearrange the pieces to make grill marks and grill 10 more minutes. Flip and cook for a final 10 minutes.
Arrange the chicken on a sheet pan and cool in the refrigerator, about an hour.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.