Chopped Red Onion, Horseradish and Watercress Salad
This a very unusual salad created by Chef Malouf, who earned a coveted three-star rating from The New York Times for Manhattan's beloved[ Rainbow Room. Before opening Beacon, he also cooked at the Four Seasons, La Cote Basque, the St. Regis Hotel, La Cremaillere (Banksville, New York) and the Hudson River Club.]
- 2 bunches fresh watercress, washed, trimmed of thick stems, and roughly chopped to
- yield 2 cups
- 1 large ripe tomato, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated horseradish or 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients, mix well, cover, and refrigerate overnight. Serve on 8 chilled salad plates.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.