- 1/2 pound homemade chorizo
- 46 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 2 Chipotle chiles pickled, chopped
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small loaf of French bread
- Grated Cotija and Manchego cheese, about 1/2 pound
In a dry heavy skillet, fry the chorizo until browned. Drain off any fat and add the tomato paste and fry with chorizo briefly. Add the green onions, oregano, tomato, chile, and salt and pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes longer.
Spread the chorizo mixture on a split loaf of French bread. Sprinkle generously with Cotija and Manchego cheeses.
Place under a broiler and broil until the cheese is melted and bubbly and serve with tomatillo salsa.