Chorizo Garbage Plate
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups shredded potatoes, or store-bought hash browns
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno peppers, optional
- 1 cup ground chorizo, browned
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar
- Toast or tortillas, for serving
Preheat flat grill or a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the vegetable oil, potatoes, diced onion, green pepper, jalapeno pepper, if using, and chorizo. Mix together slightly. Cook for 4 to 8 minutes, flipping once. Add the tomato and eggs. Mix together and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, flipping over once. Add cheese and cook until slightly melted. Mix hash together to distribute cheese and tomatoes throughout.
Serve with toast or tortillas.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Chris Schwartz, co-owner Franks in Kenosha, WI