- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground canela
- 1 teaspoon ground star anise
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons crushed Mexican oregano
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 ounce ground ancho chile powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- Serving suggestions: as a stuffing for chicken or with eggs
Place the ground meats in a large bowl and add the crushed garlic and the salt. Add the vinegar and mix well. Sprinkle the pepper and ground spices over the mixture and blend well. Add the white wine and sugar. Mix well.
Place the ground chile powder in a small bowl and add the boiling water, stir well to make a paste. Work the paste into the meat mixture until well blended. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
In a hot skillet, cook the chorizo, making sure to break up all the lumps.
Recipe courtesy of Aaron Sanchez