Christina's Cookie Pizza
- 1 (18-ounce) package prepared sugar cookie dough (such as slice and bake kind)
- 1 pound can prepared vanilla frosting
- Red and green food coloring, for making garnish
- 1 tablespoon sweetened coconut flakes
- 4 ounces marzipan (1/2 cup), chilled
- 1 fruit roll-up (cherry, strawberry, or raspberry)
- 5 white jelly rings
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Form the cookie dough into a flat disk, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Roll the dough out between 2 sheets of waxed paper into a 12 to 13-inch circle. Carefully transfer to a greased baking sheet and bake until lightly browned, about 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Spread the frosting over the cookie, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the rim. Add a layer of fruit "pepperoni," then sprinkle with marzipan "mozzarella" and coconut "basil." Spread jelly rings around pizza. Slice into wedges with a pizza cutter and serve.
Cook's Note: For maximum effect, when bringing this dessert to a friend's house, put it in an actual pizza box.