Christina's Jerk Shrimp Stir-Fry
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons dry jerk seasoning mix
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 to 7 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 jalepeno, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large stalk broccoli, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2 by 1/4-inch strips
- 1 cup diced pineapple (1/2 to 3/4-inch pieces)
- 1 small sweet potato, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large carrot, cut into 1 1/2 by 1/4-inch strips
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Serving suggestion: cooked white rice
In a large bowl, combine the orange juice, jerk seasoning, lime juice, 3 tablespoons of the oil, soy sauce, and jalapeno. Add shrimp and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 10 to 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the broccoli and cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until starting to brown but still a little crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
Return the pan to the heat and add another tablespoon of oil. Add sweet potato and carrot and cook, shaking the pan, until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Add to vegetable mixture.
Heat another tablespoon of oil in the pan. Strain the shrimp and discard the marinade. Put the shrimp in the skillet and cook until pink, about 3 minutes. Return the vegetable mixture to the pan with the shrimp and cook, stirring to combine, until heated through. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve immediately over rice.