Christina's Jerk Shrimp Stir-Fry
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons dry jerk seasoning mix
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 to 7 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 jalepeno, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large stalk broccoli, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2 by 1/4-inch strips
- 1 cup diced pineapple (1/2 to 3/4-inch pieces)
- 1 small sweet potato, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large carrot, cut into 1 1/2 by 1/4-inch strips
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Serving suggestion: cooked white rice
In a large bowl, combine the orange juice, jerk seasoning, lime juice, 3 tablespoons of the oil, soy sauce, and jalapeno. Add shrimp and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 10 to 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the broccoli and cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until starting to brown but still a little crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
Return the pan to the heat and add another tablespoon of oil. Add sweet potato and carrot and cook, shaking the pan, until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Add to vegetable mixture.
Heat another tablespoon of oil in the pan. Strain the shrimp and discard the marinade. Put the shrimp in the skillet and cook until pink, about 3 minutes. Return the vegetable mixture to the pan with the shrimp and cook, stirring to combine, until heated through. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve immediately over rice.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Shrimp Stir-Fry Soup, Fried Okra, Eggplant, and Shrimp with Oven Roasted Tomato Sauce, Charcoal Grilled Shrimp and Calamari with Grilled Lemons and Smoked Tomato-Black Olive Relish, Asian, Grilled Shrimp Recipes, Shrimp Cocktail Recipes, Chinese, Shrimp Scampi Recipes, Shrimp Creole Recipes