Christina's Pecan-Crusted Potato Chip Snapper with Honey-Mustard Mayo
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro or parsley
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 (6-ounce) red snapper fillets
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup honey mustard
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 large shallots, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil leaves
To make the snapper: Toss the potato chips with 1 cup of the pecans, cilantro, and crushed red pepper and spread on a large plate. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and flour. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat the butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Dip each fillet in the batter, then dredge in the pecan-chip mixture and place in the pan. Saute until crust is browned and fish is just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Meanwhile, to make the sauce: Whisk the mayonnaise and mustard together in a small bowl. Stir in the red pepper, shallots and basil.
Place 1 snapper fillet on each plate and spoon sauce over the top. Sprinkle with remaining pecans and serve immediately.
Copyright 2002, Janette Barber and Christina Deyo, all rights reserved
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis