- 3 cups tomato juice, plus more if needed
- 4 ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3 pickling cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 jicama, peeled and diced
- 3 tomatillos, husks removed and diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup extravirgin olive oil
- 2 jalepenos, seeded and diced
- 1 slice bread, crusts removed, soaked and squeezed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Dash of Tabasco
Combine the tomato juice, tomatoes, cucumbers, scallions, red pepper, jicama, and tomatillos in a large bowl. Remove about 1/4 of the vegetables and place in a blender along with the garlic, lime juice, olive oil, jalepenos, and bread. Blend until smooth. Return the puree to the bowl. Add more tomato juice to thin, if needed. Add the salt, pepper, and a dash of Tabasco. Chill for at least 2 hours. Serve the gazpacho in chilled soup bowls.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.