- 4 agnolotti filled with lobster and asparagus (available fresh or frozen at Venda Ravioli and other upscale Italian Markets)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 Rhode Island Littleneck clams
- 3 large shrimp, with heads still attached
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 small ripe tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
In a pot of boiling water, cook the agnolotti according to directions on the package.
In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil and add the minced garlic, being careful not to burn the garlic. Add the red pepper flakes, clams and shrimp. Once the clams have opened and the shrimp have turned pink in color, add the white wine and diced tomatoes. Allow the wine to evaporate. Finally, add the chopped parsley.
Drain the agnolotti and place on a serving dish. Pour the sauce over the agnolotti. Serve with salt and pepper for individual seasoning.
This dish can easily be doubled.