- 1 pound ground beef chuck (80% lean)
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions, plus more for serving if desired
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
1. In a large bowl, mix the beef, green onions, chili powder, cinnamon, and a pinch each of salt and pepper until well combined. Form the mixture into 4 patties.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook, turning once, until well-browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Place each patty on the bottom of a hamburger bun and top with cheese.
3. In a small bowl, mix the tomato and ketchup. Spoon a dollop on each burger and garnish with green onions if desired.