- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling dough
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 pound cooked crumbled pork sausage
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the sausage and cheese. Add the vanilla to the heavy cream in a separate bowl. Slowly begin to incorporate the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until the mixture begins to form a ball in the center of the bowl. On a floured surface roll out the dough to a 1/2-inch thickness and square off the edges with a knife. Cut the dough in 2 by 2-inch squares and arrange them 2-inches apart on a nonstick cookie sheet. Bake until lightly golden, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven to a serving dish and serve.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.