- 1 bunch watercress, stems removed
- 1 head Boston lettuce
- 2 pink grapefruit
- 2 oranges
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 pickled chipotle chiles, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
Wash the greens well and discard any tough stems. Tear into bite size pieces.
Working over a bowl to catch the juices, peel the grapefruits and oranges and cut between the membranes to remove the sections. Remove the seeds. Place the grapefruit and orange supremes in another bowl, reserving the juice. Add onion to bowl with supremes and mix.
To serve, pour dressing over fruit, add greens and toss lightly. Arrange on a platter or among 4 salad plates and garnish with avocado slices.