Citrus Grilled Halibut with Cucumber Pineapple Salsa in a Whole-Wheat Pita Pocket
- 1 pound thickly cut halibut fillet
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Homemade Grill Seasoning, recipe follows
- Citrus Marinade, recipe follows
- Olive oil
- 2 whole-wheat pitas
- Red leaf lettuce, optional
- 2 cups Cucumber-Pineapple Salsa, recipe follows
- Homemade Grill Seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Splash white wine
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 lime, zested and juiced
- 1/2 orange, zested and juiced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cucumber-Pineapple Salsa:
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped mint leaves
- Pinch salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
Season both sides of the halibut with salt, pepper and grill seasoning. Add the halibut to the bowl with the marinade and let sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Heat the grill to medium.
Remove halibut from the marinade and discard the marinade. Brush the grill with olive oil and grill the halibut until flaky, about 4 minutes on each side. Transfer the halibut to a platter.
Brush both sides of the pitas with olive oil and grill for 30 seconds on each side. Cut the pockets in half so they are the shape of half moons.
Divide the halibut into 4 pieces. Tuck a piece of red leaf lettuce, if using, into each pita pocket along with 1 piece of the halibut. Top with 1/2 cup of the Cucumber-Pineapple Salsa and serve.Homemade Grill Seasoning:
Add the ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine. Reserve remaining mixture for another day!Marinade:
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.Cucumber-Pineapple Salsa:
In a medium bowl add all the ingredients and combine well.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Halibut Steaks on a Bed of Arugula with Tomato Salad and Gremolata, Grilled Halibut with Fennel, Red Onions and Oregano, Grilled Halibut with Summer Salsa, Grilled Shrimp Recipes, Halibut Recipes, Grilled Pork Chop Recipes, Barbecuing, Grilling Recipes, Easy Grilling Recipes