- 1 cup black kalamata olives, pitted, mushy olives discarded
- 1 medium-sized orange, zested
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel or anise seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup lightly packed fresh Italian parsley leaves, chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Rustic crackers or bagel chips
Dump all of the ingredients (except the crackers) into a food processor and puree. If you are using a blender to puree, you may need to add some extra oil to facilitate blending. After blending, place in a bowl. Excess oil will rise to the edges of the bowl. Drain off.
Spread Tapenade on crisps just before serving, or let guests do it themselves.
Recipe courtesy of Bob Blumer