- 1 (7-ounce) jar or can organic tomato paste
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons spicy Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons BBQ seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 cups water
Whisk all the ingredients together in a large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced by about half or to desired thickness, about 1 hour.
Cool completely before transferring to an airtight container and storing in the refrigerator.
Cook's Note: Use the BBQ sauce within 1 week or freeze for up to 6 months.
Recipe courtesy of Claire Robinson