Crispy Goat Cheese Salad
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup rosemary infused olive oil, plus 3 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves, plus 4 sprigs for garnish
- 1 (12-ounce) log fresh goat cheese, sliced into 1/2-inch disks
- 4 ounces baby mixed greens, washed and dried
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
In a small bowl, mix the bread crumbs with salt and pepper, to taste. Add 2 to 3 teaspoons of the olive oil, to just dampen the crumbs and mix well with a fork. Spread onto a rimmed baking sheet and toast in oven until golden and crisped, about 5 to 7 minutes. Allow to cool, then toss in chopped thyme.
Brush the goat cheese disks lightly with the remaining 1/4 cup of the oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Coat the cheese on all sides with toasted bread crumbs. Bake on a parchment or silicone lined rimmed baking sheet until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
Divide the mixed baby greens between 4 plates. Carefully, divide the goat cheese rounds on top of each salad, garnish with a sprig of thyme and serve.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Garlic and Rosemary Goat Cheese Tart Served with Spring Greens and Black Olive Vinaigrette, Goat Cheese and Walnut Souffles with Watercress and Frisee Salad, Filet Mignon Goat Cheese and Pancetta, Spinach Salad Recipes, Cole Slaw Recipes, Cream Cheese Frosting Recipes, Potato Salad Recipes, Cobb Salad Recipes, Couscous Salad Recipes