Crispy Goat Cheese Salad
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup rosemary infused olive oil, plus 3 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves, plus 4 sprigs for garnish
- 1 (12-ounce) log fresh goat cheese, sliced into 1/2-inch disks
- 4 ounces baby mixed greens, washed and dried
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
In a small bowl, mix the bread crumbs with salt and pepper, to taste. Add 2 to 3 teaspoons of the olive oil, to just dampen the crumbs and mix well with a fork. Spread onto a rimmed baking sheet and toast in oven until golden and crisped, about 5 to 7 minutes. Allow to cool, then toss in chopped thyme.
Brush the goat cheese disks lightly with the remaining 1/4 cup of the oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Coat the cheese on all sides with toasted bread crumbs. Bake on a parchment or silicone lined rimmed baking sheet until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
Divide the mixed baby greens between 4 plates. Carefully, divide the goat cheese rounds on top of each salad, garnish with a sprig of thyme and serve.
Recipe courtesy Claire Robinson, 2010
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse