Lamb Chops with Mint Almond Pesto
- 1 1/2 cups packed fresh mint leaves, from about 2 large bunches
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 lemon, zested, plus juice of 1/2 lemon, about 2 tablespoons
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for grilling
- 2 tablespoons water
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 12 lamb rib chops, Frenched, about 2 pounds
Put the mint, almonds, zest, and a pinch of salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. With the motor running, add the lemon juice and slowly drizzle in the oil until thick and smooth. Add about 2 tablespoons water until a thick but spreadable paste forms; continue adding water until desired consistency. Taste pesto and season with additional salt and pepper, to taste.
Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Generously drizzle the lamb chops with oil and season well with salt and pepper. Grill, turning once, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare; remove to a serving platter and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Serve the grilled chops with mint pesto drizzled over the top.
Recipe courtesy Claire Robinson
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay