Lamb Chops with Mint Almond Pesto
- 1 1/2 cups packed fresh mint leaves, from about 2 large bunches
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 lemon, zested, plus juice of 1/2 lemon, about 2 tablespoons
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for grilling
- 2 tablespoons water
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 12 lamb rib chops, Frenched, about 2 pounds
Put the mint, almonds, zest, and a pinch of salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. With the motor running, add the lemon juice and slowly drizzle in the oil until thick and smooth. Add about 2 tablespoons water until a thick but spreadable paste forms; continue adding water until desired consistency. Taste pesto and season with additional salt and pepper, to taste.
Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Generously drizzle the lamb chops with oil and season well with salt and pepper. Grill, turning once, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare; remove to a serving platter and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Serve the grilled chops with mint pesto drizzled over the top.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Roasted Lamb Chops with Shallots, Tomatoes, and Olive Jus, Spiced Lamb Chops on Sauteed Peppers and Onions with Garlic and Mint Couscous, Lamb Chops with Minty Pepper Jelly Pan Sauce, Main Dish, Beef Stroganoff Recipes, Healthy Lunch Recipes, Burrito Recipes, Easy Brunch, Easy Pasta
Thank you! your flag was submitted.